Friday 24 July 2015

Getting lippy




So you know how every time we're telling you about something new we say it's our favourite thing ever? We're about to say it again - this time it's all about our lipsticks.

So I'd wanted to make lipstick since forever, I collect them, and buy several every payday. Mr Fairypants even made me a 'Lipstick Wardrobe' to store them all in, that's how serious I am about it.

So I looked into making my own, as I thought that would satisfy my cravings, and would be a lot cheaper. However, when I did some research I knew there was no way I'd be able to afford to do it 'properly' - to make the traditional bullet shaped tip, you need special moulds. Fine, I said - until I saw how much they were. The cheapest ones were still a couple of hundred pounds, and they only made a few at a time - no good if one of my lovely stockists wants HUNDREDS, is it?!

So after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing I hit on the idea of making mine more like a paint, less like a stick.

Ta daaa!
So, Lip Paint it was. I chose the cute little glass jars, and found some super cute little paint brushes to use for application.

Next came the hardest part - choosing the shades. I quite like a bold lip, and I'm also a fan of Lilac, so I wanted to choose a range of shades to suit most people. Bold, brassy shades like Joan -


And softer, more neutral shades like Audrey.



In all, there are 15 shades at the moment, but that's due to grow soon - I've discovered how to make neon lip paint, so be ready to see those all over social media asap!

Each lip paint is £4.99 and comes with the super cute paint brush. Admittedly they're not that easy to cart around in your handbag, but when they look this cute on your dressing table, who cares, right?!

The formula for these bad boys is amazing too, really soft and moisturising, but with a great colour payoff. They'll leave your lips feeling lovely and cared for, and not at all dried out and icky, which is pretty much all you could ask for. Oh, and they smell of bubblegum too! Because why not... 

If you've got a favourite shade, let us know - we'd love to see your pictures! xox







No comments:

Post a Comment